Thursday, June 28, 2012

Karma's a B****

I'm not sure how many people in the slave serving industry are Hindus or Buddhists, but I do know most of them believe in karma. The idea that you get what you give has gotten me through countless nights as a slave server. But I never knew for sure that the universe punished rude patrons for treating their waiters and waitresses poorly...

...until last weekend.

I went out to dinner, where I was seated next to a table of three. From my understanding, they were displeased with the taste and/or quality of their food and decided to take it out on their server. (This is not okay.) Their server was doing all the right things, despite the rude remarks his table was making - both to his face and behind his back that left me literally shaking my head in disgust.

Cut to us leaving the restaurant, shortly after the implolite table next to us had left. As we drove out of the parking lot, what did we see? To my delight, there were the people from the table, gathered around the open hood of their car and looking distraught. I'm just guessing, but I believe they were experiencing car trouble, aka a cosmic kick in the butt for mistreating their waiter. 

Karma = 1 point.

No comments:

Post a Comment